2nd DNPA Conclave and Digital Impact Awards Served as an important forum for discussion Revenue-sharing inequality between digital news publishers and major technology platforms. Key stakeholders, including the Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), came together to address this important issue amid the backdrop of the impending Digital India Act. Conclave ‘focuses on theme’Navigating digital changes and challenges in the media industry.’
- Minister of State for MeitY, Rajeev ChandrashekharHighlighting the urgent need to rectify the significant revenue-sharing gap between content creators and major technology platforms.
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur reiterated the government’s commitment to ensure fair revenue distribution for digital news publishers.
- Minister Thakur stressed the importance of an equitable digital media landscape. Insights from EY (Ernst & Young) report “Monetizing Digital News” Reaffirmed the government’s readiness to implement changes conducive to fair revenue distribution.
- Minister Thakur underlined the government’s support to media houses towards fair compensation. Digital News Publishers Association (DNPA) has been at the forefront of advocating for fair revenue-sharing practices.
- Policy makers, industry experts and stakeholders are engaged in discussions on the emerging digital media landscape. Notable personalities such as Amitabh Kant discussed strategies to democratize publisher-platform relationships and reduce the influence of dominant technology platforms.
- ‘State of Digital Media in India’ Report Highlight the importance of online news consumption and the priorities of Indian news outlets. It highlighted the need for legislation to ensure an equitable digital ecosystem.
- Throughout the conference, there was a unanimous call for legislation to address revenue-sharing inequality and promote an equitable digital landscape. Minister Chandrashekhar reiterated the government’s commitment to legislative action to ensure fairness for all stakeholders.
DNPA Conclave and Digital Impact Awards 2024 provided valuable insights and discussions Correcting revenue-sharing inequality in India’s digital news ecosystem, With government commitment and industry advocacy, steps toward an equitable digital landscape are imminent.