The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved significant business transactions, signaling a changing landscape in the corporate sector. is one of the approved deals of JSW Group Strategic steps for substantial acquisition 38% stake in MG Motor India. Facilitated through JSW Ventures Singapore, a newly established subsidiary of JSW International Tradecorp Pte Ltd, the acquisition is set to reshape the dynamics of the automotive industry.
1. JSW Group acquires 38% stake in MG Motor India
- Sajjan Jindal-led JSW Group has secured CCI approval for its proposed acquisition of 38% stake in MG Motor India.
- The stake purchase has been facilitated through JSW Ventures Singapore, a newly formed entity under JSW International Tradecorp Pte Ltd.
2. Tata’s full ownership of Wistron Infocom
- Tata Electronics has received CCI approval for the complete acquisition of Wistron Infocom Manufacturing (India) Pvt. Ltd.
3. Burman family entities’ stake in Religare Enterprises
- CCI has approved Burman family entities, namely Puran Associates, MB Finmart, VIC Enterprises and Milky Investments, to acquire shareholding in Religare Enterprises.
- The approval has been granted in acknowledgment of possible legal proceedings under specified sections of the Competition Act 2002.
4. Merger of Fincare Small Finance Bank and AU Small Finance Bank
- CCI has approved the merger between Fincare Small Finance Bank Limited and AU Small Finance Bank, designating AU Small Finance Bank as the surviving entity.
Important questions related to exam
- How much percentage stake is JSW Group buying in MG Motor India?
- Who is acquiring Wistron Infocom Manufacturing (India) Pvt Ltd?
- Which family entities are acquiring shareholding in Religare Enterprises?
- Which entity is left in the merger of Fincare Small Finance Bank and AU Small Finance Bank?
- Which is the newly incorporated entity through which JSW Group is acquiring the stake?
- Which regulatory body gave approval for these acquisitions and mergers in India?
Please share your feedback in the comments section!!