The picturesque state of Goa, located in the western coastal region of India, is famous for its pristine beaches, vibrant culture and rich history. While Goa is often celebrated for its vibrant coastal cities and bustling nightlife, there also exists a quieter and lesser-known side of this beautiful state, which is embodied by it. Largest district, South Goa,
How many districts are there in Goa?
there are two districts in goa , North Goa and South Goa. Goa is an Indian state located in Konkan region, on the south-west coast of the country, This state was the former part of the Portuguese territories in India. Goa was declared an independent state 30 May 1987 and reorganized into the present two districts.
We have shared here the names of the districts of Goa as well as some other information. Check here details about total population and total area covered of Goa districts.
Goa’s largest district, name
South Goa district is one of the two districts which consists of Indian state Goa, situated within the Konkan region. It is bordered by North Goa district in the north and Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka state in the east and south. The western coast is formed by the Arabian Sea, which adds to the coastal charm of the district.
Key facts about Goa’s largest district
South Goa, the second district of Goa, is spread over an area of 1,966 square kilometers and has a population of 640,537.
- district: South Goa is bounded on the north by North Goa district and on the east and south by Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka state, with its western coast formed by the Arabian Sea.
- subdivisions: Mormugao, Ponda, Quepem, Margao and Dharbandora.
- Talukas: Mormugao, Ponda, Quepem, Salcete, Sanguem, Dharbandora and Canacona.
- History: Established after the merger of Goa with India in 1961, later reorganized into two districts in 1987.
- Administration: Headquartered at Margao, with subdivisions and talukas supervised by designated officers.
- Politics: Different constituencies represented by different political parties in the Legislative Assembly.
- transportation: Margao and North Goa are well connected by frequent bus services.
- Demography: has seen population growth over the years, with Hinduism being the majority religion and Konkani being the dominant language.
- Education: Home to premier educational institutions like Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Parvatibai Chowgule College and Govind Ramnath Kare College of Law.
districts of goa
Goaa former Portuguese territories in IndiaAfter acquiring it, it was reorganized into two districts, North Goa and South Goa. independence in 1961, It is one of the smallest states in India with only two administrative districts.
Here are the facts you must know About 2 districts of Goa,
|districts of goa
|Area (in square km)
|Density (/sq km)