Union Minister of Tourism, Culture and Development of North Eastern Region G. Kishan Reddy revealed this Prime Minister Narendra Modi ready to inaugurate the upcoming Fourth terminal at Cherlapally, Telangana At the end of the month or in the first week of March.
Discontinuation of MMTS Phase-II Suburban Railway Services
- Minister Reddy also mentioned that MMTS Phase-II suburban railway services will be completed soon, with the last remaining section between Sanathnagar and Moula Ali expected to be ready by the end of the month.
Role of State Government and Expansion Schemes
- Minister Reddy also announced expansion plans MMTS line from Ghatkesar to YadadriSurvey work is already underway and tenders are set to be called.
- Reddy expressed his intention to discuss this matter with the state government and seek their cooperation.
Modernization efforts at Secunderabad Railway Station
- Minister Reddy highlighted that the redevelopment of Secunderabad Railway Station is costing approx ₹700 crore.
- He appreciated the progress made since the start of work in November 2022 IIT-Delhi Acting as proof-checking consultants and third-party checking stupp consultants.
Secunderabad Railway Station Modernization Plan
- Once completed, The modern station aims to resemble an airportWhich includes separate arrivals and departures, food courts, passenger lounges, disabled-friendly facilities and eco-friendly structures.
- The station will facilitate multi-modal integration with Secunderabad’s East and West metro stations and bus station through skywalks, eliminating the need to navigate roads.
Highlights of Secunderabad Railway Station Upgrade
- The modernization project includes installation of 26 lifts, 32 escalators, two travelators, multi-level parking, foot overbridge and other facilities.
- Demolition of existing structures and relocation of offices is being carried out in phases to accommodate the continued operation of the station. The renovated station is Expected to be completed by November 2025.
Foundation stone of Komuravelly Railway Station
- Reddy also announced plans to lay the foundation stone of Railway station in Komuraveli soon.
- He emphasized that once the proposed Regional Ring Road (RRR) is constructed, these railway stations will provide convenient travel facilities to the passengers to the suburbs and districts without the need to pass through the city centre.