“Word of the Year” for 2023. The terminology varies depending on the year, reflecting the diverse trends and themes that resonated throughout the year. Here’s a glimpse of some of the top options:
- Riz: Defined as “relating to the ability to attract another person through one’s style, charm, or appeal”, the term originated from Gen Z slang and reflects the growing emphasis on individuality and self-expression.
- authentic: This enduring value has re-emerged amid concerns about misinformation, AI-generated content and online personhood. Its resurgence highlights the desire for genuine experiences and relationships.
- Collins Dictionary: For the Collins Dictionary, the future reigns supreme. their word of the year is “AI” (Artificial Intelligence), recognizing its transformative potential and its ever-increasing impact on various aspects of our lives. From healthcare and finance to entertainment and transportation, AI is set to reshape the fabric of our existence.
- Hallucinations: Both dictionaries chose the term because of its extended meaning in the context of artificial intelligence. This refers to AI generating inaccurate or inaccurate data, highlighting the need for caution and critical thinking in the digital age.
- Macmillan Dictionary: Chose “survival mode” to reflect the resilience and perseverance shown in the face of difficulty.
- dictionary.com: “Metaverse” has also been chosen as another notable term reflecting the growing interest in virtual worlds and online experiences.